Australian Furniture Removers Association – AFRA
SOS Removals and Storage have been a long standing member for the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA). The aim of AFRA is to offer the public protection and guidance to ensure any move is conducted safely and with minimal risk.
WHAT IS AFRA?
AFRA is an official body of removals experts that helps regulate the removals industry. AFRA is made up of removals experts from a variety of backgrounds, including professional removalists, truck drivers, and policy experts, just to name a few.
AFRA works closely with Government departments to help improve the industry and protect consumers. AFRA accredits only those furniture removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move. This process and audit is conducted yearly with all 350 Furniture removal companies that are members of AFRA.
AFRA is made up of removals experts from a variety of backgrounds, including professional removalists, truck drivers, and policy experts, just to name a few.
WHY USE AN AFRA MEMBER FOR YOUR MOVE ?
AFRA can help you find and choose professional removalists near you. All AFRA endorsed removalists are professional companies that have proven themselves to be of the utmost reliability. Using an AFRA member will ensure:
- Removal companies have access to training systems that ensure they operate by high industry standards.
- All staff are paid according to industry rates, so protecting staff is important.
- AFRA’s guidelines extend to checking the quality of other moving equipment such as trucks and forklifts.
- Public liability insurance policies are in place for at least $10,000,000.
- Moving (Transit) insurance can only be offered by AFRA members that covers your items during and after the move.
- Dispute Tribunal has been setup by AFRA that allows an AFRA staff member to work towards mediating a fair resolution for all parties involved
When hiring a removal company for your moving day, consider some of the benefits associated with choosing an AFRA accredited company.