Careers with SOS Removals
Do you excel in customer service? If so, SOS Removals and Storage have two possibilities for a fantastic career for you.
- Accounts and Administration Role (click on role)
- Professional Furniture Removalist Drivers (click on role)
SOS Removals and Storage in Thornleigh may be the career change you have been looking for.
We provide full training to successful applicants of any roles discussed.
Who are we?
- We are a family business operating in Thornleigh, NSW since 1968.
- We typically move household effects for families around Sydney and country NSW.
- Our depot is accessible by train or bus and only a 10-minute walk from the station.
- Parking is available at our depot
- We pride ourselves on excellence and all our staff are trained to a very high standard
- We are seeking casual staff with a review to permanent after a probation period
Currently advertised roles (posted April 2017):
Accounts and Administration Role
A little information for you…
Our part time accounts clerk is sadly leaving us and we are looking for someone to take her role. We have found the need to expand the position to full time because we wish to incorporate administration tasks to free up our operations and sales team.
This is a varied role which will keep you on your toes. You will receive training in Moveware, an industry based software that incorporates sales, accounts, operations, storage and payroll all in one. Don’t fear, your above average computer skills and one on one training will see you in good stead . You will have your set daily/weekly/monthly tasks but you will also be given projects that will require research and your creativity. The office is predominately male and you will need a good sense of humour and be someone who thrives in a team environment but also one who enjoys working on tasks independently.
Our customers are our bread and butter so we think them pretty special. You will use your fantastic customer service skills over the telephone and in written communication. Your excellent command of English and ability to write a good business letter will be particularly handy. You will manage company policies and procedures which will require updates from time to time. We need your skills to set up and manage a new filing system. Oh, and you need an eye for detail!
Duties / Tasks include (but not limited to).
- Payroll and basic book keeping in Moveware (training provided).
- Data entry
- Bank reconciliations and monthly storage invoicing
- Set up and manage office filing system
- Manage policies and procedures
- Manage employee files and debtor and creditor filing
- Assist sales and operations with administration
- Answer telephone calls when back up is required
- Place orders with creditors
- Chase up debtors
- Attend to company social media
- Attend training courses from time to tim
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken command of English language
- Above average computer skills
- 3+ years experience in an accounts role
- Experience in administration
- Reliable and punctual
- A team player who is creative
- A keen interest in social media
- You excel in customer service
- You are always punctual, even in a storm
- You are a great team player with a good sense of humour
- You are always well presented (and for the male applicant, clean shaven)
- Rain, hail or shine our customers need you, so this job is not for the faint hearted!
- On an average day, you will walk over 17,000 steps. So, if you want to get fit and get paid, that is something to boast about!
- You must be flexible as your workplace will vary throughout the day; customer’s homes, driving to different locations and working at our storage depot
- You will be surrounded by a great team and meet our wonderful customers daily, so a love of people is a must.
- Each morning you will be required to start early, usually between 6:30am – 7:30am
- Our working week is Monday – Saturday, so you will be required on some Saturdays, depending on our customer’s needs. Flexibility with this is a must.
- We have a wide variety of trucks in our fleet, so a car licence and above can place you in a driver’s role
- A fork lift licence is an advantage, but if you are keen to learn and work hard for SOS, we will train you where needed.
- Industry experience is great but if your eagerness to work in a team and strive in this employment at SOS is greater, we will train you.
Skills and Experience
Currently advertised roles (posted March 2017):
Professional Furniture Removalists and Drivers
Is this you?
A little more information for you?
Skills and Experience
Suitable applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. We are particular about who we employ and this is why our customers love us and the team works well together
Please complete the form below, specifying the ‘Professional Furniture Removalists and Drivers Role’
Interested in applying for our current role or future roles? Please fill in the form below and upload your Resume in Word or PDF format (max file size 2MB)