Careers with SOS Removals
Do you excel in customer service? If so, SOS Removals and Storage can offer you a career in the transport industry
SOS Removals and Storage in Thornleigh may be the career change you have been looking for.
We provide full training to successful applicants.
Who are we?
- We are a family business operating in Thornleigh, NSW since 1968.
- We typically move household effects for families around Sydney and country NSW.
- Our depot is accessible by train or bus and only a 10-minute walk from the station.
- Parking is available at our depot
- We pride ourselves on excellence and all our staff are trained to a very high standard
- We are seeking casual staff with a review to permanent after a probation period. If you come with
the necessary skill-set and experience, a full time position with SOS will be considered.
Currently advertised roles (Revised July 2017):
Professional Furniture Removalists and Drivers
Is this you?
- You excel in customer service
- You are always punctual, even in a storm
- You are a great team player with a good sense of humour
- You are always well presented (and for the male applicant, clean shaven)
A little more information for you?
- Rain, hail or shine our customers need you, so this job is not for the faint hearted!
- On an average day, you will walk over 17,000 steps. So, if you want to get fit and get paid, that is something to boast about!
- You must be flexible as your workplace will vary throughout the day; customer’s homes, driving to different locations and working at our storage depot
- You will be surrounded by a great team and meet our wonderful customers daily, so a love of people is a must.
- Each morning you will be required to start early, usually between 6:30am – 7:00am
- Our working week is Monday – Saturday, so you will be required on some Saturdays, depending on our customer’s needs. Flexibility with this is a must.
Skills and Experience
- We have a wide variety of trucks in our fleet, so a car licence and above can place you in a driver’s role
- A fork lift licence is an advantage, but if you are keen to learn and work hard for SOS, we will train you where needed.
- Industry experience is great but if your eagerness to work in a team and strive in this employment at SOS is greater, we will train you.
Suitable applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. We are particular about who we employ and this is why our customers love us.
Please complete the form below, specifying the ‘Professional Furniture Removalists and Drivers Role’
Interested in applying for our current role or future roles? Please fill in the form below and upload your Resume in Word or PDF format (max file size 2MB)