PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE MAY REQUIRE MORE SPACE
You’ll probably want the best possible price for your home and a quick sale.
The Buyer’s first impression is critical. Your family home may be adorned with your personal possessions such as photos, mementos from holidays, children’s artwork and toys, favourite colours and unique possessions. This is not the look you want. A buyer shouldn’t have to look past your possessions to imagine if their family will fit in. You want to create the opposite – a clean simple background that would suit any buyer. Here are declutter tips to help you achieve the best possible price and a quick sale.
1. STREET APPEAL – A fresh coat of paint does wonders. Pressure clean paths, driveways and the garage door. Wash windows and buy a new front door mat. Weed garden beds, prune shrubs/trees, mow the lawn and trim edges. Fertilize lawns the month before.
2. LIVING AREAS – You want to create the feeling of space. Show off a feature in this room, whether be the lovely flooring, a piece of furniture or a view. Remove furniture from under windows, beside doorways and away from the traffic areas. Clean up bookshelves and sideboards. Remember less is best. Store cluttered items.
3. KITCHEN/LINEN CLOSET – Declutter and wipe out cupboards leaving only the essentials. Box up additional items for storage. Prospective buyers will open cupboards. Clean kitchen tiles, windows, taps and oven. Replacing kitchen cupboard handles will do wonders to a tired kitchen for only a small cost.
4. BATHROOM – Remove toiletries from bench tops and shower recess, clean mirrors and glass, remove toilet brushes and cleaning products. Invest in new towels and fold them carefully. Add only a bowl or vase of fresh flowers to the bench top. Replace soaps with fresh soaps.
5. GARAGE –The garage often becomes the dumping ground. Box up items from shelves and bench tops for storage. Dispose of old paint tins & unwanted bits of hardware. Put bikes, camping gear, bar fridge, exercise equipment and seasonal sporting goods into storage.
EASY & AFFORDABLE STORAGE SOLUTION
SOS Removals & Storage will help you to achieve the best possible price and a quick sale. Our professionally trained staff will visit your home and collect your declutter. On arrival we load directly into the modules which are housed in our trucks. The trucks are driven back to our Thornleigh warehouse where the modules are forklifted from the trucks and placed into a safe and dry environment. Your items for storage are handled once only at onload. This reduces labour charge and risk. Your items are readily available for redelivery with your household removal or at another time convenient to you.
Remember – Decluttering prior to your property sale will make packing up your home a lot easier and more time efficient on removal day.