Who are the Australian Furniture Removers Association?
AFRA is an official body of removals experts that helps regulate the removals industry.
AFRA is made up of removals experts from a variety of backgrounds, including professional removalists, truck drivers, and policy experts, just to name a few.
The association works closely with Government departments to help improve the industry and protect consumers and AFRA accredits only those furniture removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move.
This process and audit is conducted yearly with all 350 Furniture removal companies that are members of AFRA.
The association is made up of removals experts from a variety of backgrounds, including professional removalists, truck drivers, and policy experts, just to name a few.
Why use an AFRA member for your move?
AFRA can help you find and choose professional removalists near you. All AFRA endorsed removalists are professional companies that have proven themselves to be of the utmost reliability. Using an AFRA member will ensure:
- Removal companies have access to training systems that ensure they operate by high industry standards.
- All staff are paid according to industry rates, so protecting staff is important.
- The associations guidelines extend to checking the quality of other moving equipment such as trucks and forklifts.
- Public liability insurance policies are in place for at least $10,000,000.
- Moving (Transit) insurance can only be offered by AFRA members that covers your items during and after the move.
- Dispute Tribunal has been setup by AFRA that allows a AFRA staff member to work towards mediating a fair resolution for all parties involved.