Careers with SOS Removals & Storage
A role with SOS Removals and Storage in Thornleigh may be the career change you have been looking for!
Do you excel in customer service? If so, SOS Removals and Storage are currently recruiting and can offer suitable candidates a career in the transport and removals industry.
We provide full training to successful applicants.
↓ Scroll down to learn more or apply for one of our current roles ↓
Who are we...
- We are a family business operating in Thornleigh, NSW since 1968.
- We typically move household effects for families around Sydney and country NSW.
- Our depot is accessible by train or bus and only a 10-minute walk from the station.
- Parking is available at our depot
- We pride ourselves on excellence and all our staff are trained to a very high standard
- We are seeking casual staff with a review to permanent after a probation period. If you come with the necessary skill-set and experience, a full time position with SOS will be considered.
- Full time positions pay above award wage e.g. Full time MR licenced experienced removalist $35 p/hr flexibility agreement
- Company uniforms provided
- Staff kitchenette stocked with snacks and refreshments
- Willing to assist the right applicants to upgrade to an MR Licence
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from Normanhurst and Thornleigh Stations
Currently advertised roles
↓ Scroll down further for the online application form ↓
We are ready to increase our workforce and are now actively employing casual and full time removalists in the following positions:
- Apprentice Removalist – Full time
- Offsiders with or without car licence – Casual
- MR and Car Licenced Driver Removalist – Full time and Casual
A little more information for you?
- Rain, hail or shine our customers need you, so this job is not for the faint hearted!
- On an average day, you will walk over 17,000 steps. So, if you want to get fit and get paid, that is something to boast about!
- You must be flexible as your workplace will vary throughout the day; customer’s homes, driving to different locations and working at our storage depot
- You will be surrounded by a great team and meet our wonderful customers daily, so a love of people is a must.
- Each morning you will be required to start early, usually between 6:30am – 7:00am
Our working week is Monday – Saturday, so you will be required on some Saturdays, depending on our customer’s needs. Flexibility with this is a must.
Skills and Experience
- We have a wide variety of trucks in our fleet, so a car licence and above can place you in a driver’s role or maybe you could be an off-sider?
- A fork lift licence is an advantage, but if you are keen to learn and work hard for SOS, we will train you where needed.
- Industry experience is great but if your eagerness to work in a team and strive in this employment and are looking to grow with us at SOS, we will train you.
- Suitable applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. We are particular about who we employ and this is why our customers love us.
Ready to apply?
Interested in applying for our current role or future roles? Please fill in the form below and upload your Resume in Word or PDF format (max file size 2MB)
All fields marked * are required. Please wait for up to 10 seconds for a success message once submitted (or if you receive an error, please check for missing mandatory fields or correct and resubmit)